INDIANAPOLIS, IND (Inside INdiana Enterprise) – Indianapolis-based 16 Tech Neighborhood Corp. is in search of candidates for a serious addition to its Innovation District. The corporate will settle for RFQ submissions for the brand new $14.5 million bridge design and development challenge on the northwest aspect of downtown Indianapolis by means of March 10.
Plans name for the design and development of a 350-foot-long bridge for pedestrians, bicycles and automobiles. The construction would hook up with strolling trails and public areas within the $500 million innovation district.
Development on a brand new analysis and workplace constructing in addition to the renovation of the previous Indianapolis Water Firm constructing into an Innovation Hub are additionally at the moment underway on the property.
“The 16 Tech bridge will likely be greater than a bodily construction that enables folks to journey from one place to a different. It is going to be a landmark connector of individuals and concepts, which is on the coronary heart of 16 Tech,” stated Bob Coy, president and Chief Govt Officer of 16 Tech. “16 Tech is searching for one of the best and most considerate designers to assist create an emblem of innovation, finally making this one of the crucial lovely locations in our metropolis.”
A range committee will award the challenge to the profitable applicant.
The committee contains:
- Marya Rose (chair), 16 Tech board member and vice chairman/chief administrative officer, Cummins Inc.
- Matt Shaw, contributing editor, Architect’s Newspaper
- Shin-pei Tsay, director of Coverage, Cities and Transportation, Uber
- Sara Zewde, founding principal, Studio Zewde
- Vop Osili, Indianapolis Metropolis-County Council President
- Dan Parker, director, Indianapolis Division of Public Works
- Adam Thies, affiliate vice chairman, Capital Planning and Amenities, Indiana College
For extra data, click on right here.
16 Tech Chief Working Officer Emily Krueger will seem this week on Inside INdiana Enterprise with Gerry Dick to speak extra concerning the challenge.